Saturday, June 22, 2013

Black Rose (#2 of the In The Garden trilogy) by Nora Roberts

     Hi everyone, so I know that I've been away for a while, but I'm back and ready to write and upload a LOT more. Let's get started!
     So this book was something that I decided to pick up on a whim. I was in my school library and needed something to read, I walked to the romance section (of course) and picked up the first thing that caught my attention which was my by my favorite romance author Nora Roberts. I also did not read the 1st book mostly because I didn't notice that it was a series book until the story started to reference to things that happened in the past. But I read on even when I knew and it didn't really bother me. I could read on and not be lost because I  pieced things together.



Synopsis: Rosalind Harper is an able-bodied forty seven year old woman who is in the midst of expanding her gardening business. She has three great sons and wonderful friends who support her and make her life better, the only thing is that the ghost that has haunted her families house for generations, named The Harper Bride, is starting to get to her. Roz is finding herself more and more intrigued by this apparition and her history in the Harper house. She hires genealogist Mitchell Carnegie to investigate and finds herself just as intrigued with him. In the midst of ghosts, a gorgeous man, a thriving business and a trouble making ex-husband, can Roz manage it all?

Review: This book was typical Nora Roberts. Cheesy lines and over dramatic phrases and a strong woman who is afraid of falling in love. What was different was that these people were not in their 20's and never been married. Roz and Mitchell had both been married and had kids. The ghost thing was a nice twist too. Her story is actually very interesting. There are other twists such like vengeful ex-husbands who plan to make Roz's life a living hell. Talking purely about grammar and sentence structure, it could have been better. Have you ever read a book and a sentence just didn't sound right? Like the words just didn't go together? That happened a lot in this book. Now moving on to the characters. I liked how each character has their own separate lives and they were all incorporated in some way. I really liked Roz, but the other characters really didn't do much for me. All in all it wasn't a bad book and lovers of Nora Roberts and romance books will like it.

Final Thoughts: I recommend this book for anyone who is looking for a fast and light read. Plus it's great if you need a romance fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment