Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What I'm Reading This Month

     Hi everyone! This week the work has been piling on so I may not be able to give you guys a book review until Friday. That's the latest. So to not keep you guys hanging here's what I'm currently reading:

1. Ishmael by Daniel Quinn: I'm already into the book and I really like it. I really never thought that I would be reading a book about a talking gorilla.

2. The Story of Spanish by Jean-Benoit Nadeau and Julie Barlow: I won this in a giveaway on Goodreads and I'm so excited to read it! I find the roots of languages fascinating and how they're used all over the world is equally interesting.

3. Cruel Sister by David Conway: This book is about the really extreme side of sibling rivalry. They both want control of their father's company and so they go through any means necessary to make sure that the other one doesn't succeed. Apparently their is also boyfriend stealing going on at the same time. It's definitely a different book from what I'm used to. I usually like to read happy and bright books, but this one caught my attention.

4. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy: I'm reading this book for a book club that I'm part of. It's a classic and I'm really trying to incorporate classic works into my reading. I like it thus far. The only problem with it is that you really need to to your homework before buying the book and get a translation that is as accurate as can be.

     That's just a little update on what I'm reading. What are you guys reading this month?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! The only one of those books I personally read was Anna Karenina, but that is definitely a classic I think you need to read.
    When that is said, I normally read in english, but with this book I decided to read in my native language because, as you say, it is pretty advanced! :)

    Just found your blog via the goodreads blog group and subscribed to your post! (:

    - Caroline (chieflybooks.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete