Tuesday, April 23, 2013

First Book Haul.

     Hello! Let's jump right into a book haul. As I mentioned on my first post I shamelessly spend my money on books, but when I find a place that sells books for a really low price I will go there. I found a used bookstore that has a very large supply of books and the best part? IT'S EXTREMELY CHEAP. It's obviously because the books are used, but that doesn't really matter to me, I got them cheap and they're actually in good condition. Needless to say, I walked out of there very happy. So here are the books:

  • Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire
    • If you guys have heard of the book Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked With of the West, it's the same author. So this book is pretty much the story of Cinderella told from the perspective of the ugly stepsister. As a huge fairy tale lover I HAD to get this. Maguire is not a "happily ever after" kind of writer though, his books usually have a dark theme. So you can obviously guess that this is not for children. I have high hopes for this book so let's see how it plays out.
  • Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
    • I'm so excited to finally have this book! I watched the movie first (I didn't know there was a book then!) and I absolutely loved it. I think I've watched it about ten times. I hope that the book is even more captivating and beautiful than the movie. I definitely want to review this book once I finish it.
  • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
    • This is the first book that I've bought by this author. For me this was one of those books that I always saw in the shelves and never picked it up until now. It looks interesting, the main character apparently gets along amazingly with animals but has a difficult time relating to humans. When a dog in the neighborhood dies under suspicious reasons he goes onto investigate. It's supposed to be good and I want to see how the story spans out. 
I'm really excited to read these books and tell you guys about them, obviously I want you guys to comment and let me know which one you're most interested in and I'll review it. Till next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment