Sunday, April 21, 2013

April Reads

     Hi everyone! You can click on the title of the books and it'll take you straight to the Goodreads page so you can see what other people have thought of the book. Let's jump right into what I'm reading this month:

  • Poesía by Dulce Maria Loynaz. (Only book that's not on Goodreads. Sorry.) For those that don't know Spanish, poesía means poetry. In celebration of International Poetry Month I decided to read a poetry book. At the same time I wanted to read something in Spanish so I decided to pick this one. It's just a compilation of Loynaz's works and it's very beautiful. I tried to find it on Goodreads, but they didn't have this particular book there. They had other books by Loynaz though, so if you're interested in Spanish poetry you should try to pick up one of her books.
  • Vision in White by Nora Roberts. I'm a huge fan of the romance genre and my favorite author is Nora Roberts. This is the first book in her Bride Quartet series. Roberts books have always been quick reads and lovely in my opinion. I might do my first book review on this one. Thoughts on this idea?
  • Fiction Writer's Workshop by Josip Novakovich. Ok, so this isn't a book that i'll be able to read in one month. It's a book that gives you tips, stories and exercises to help you practice writing. So far i'm finding it very helpful. The exercises can vary from one page to three pages to a paragraph. Novakovich leaves it up to the reader how long to make their writing just because if the creativity and the ideas are there then you shouldn't stop. The reason why I said I won't be able to finish this book is because I really want to take my time to work on the exercises and that's going to take more than a month.
      That concludes the books that i'm currently reading. Tell me if you like the idea of the first book review being Vision in White. Also, if you guys have read any of the books above please tell me what you thought about them. See you guys in the next post which is going to be my first book review! Till then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment