Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Little on Writing.

     I haven't really touched on the topic of writing yet so I thought that I could make my first post on it by telling you guys my writing process. Let me start out by saying that I'm one of those people who starts a story thinking that everything is great: the dialect, the plot, the characters. But ten minutes later I hate it and I never finish it. So I just stopped writing long stories. Instead, what I do is that I write short stories. They're easier for me and I don't end up deleting them right away.
     How I come up with what to write is simple. I think back on my day (I do most of my writing at night) or I look to see if I wrote anything interesting in my journal and I pick out a word or an idea and I elaborate on it. So for example, let's say I pick the word "Fear", I immediately start thinking of scenarios in which fear is involved and I start writing anything that comes to mind. It doesn't have to make sense from the beginning because as you write you begin to develop a story. Once you've written all your thoughts down then you put them in order. You never know, you might come up with an even better story and better details once you write it all in order. It might even turn out to be a book and not just a short story.
     The point is to be as creative as you can be and to add as as much detail as possible. In the end when you're writing it all down you can choose to exclude or include certain things. I find this method much less tedious than sitting and thinking up of a story on the spot (I get massive headaches this way). I also have much more fun this way because I'm not really thinking (if that makes sense) I'm just writing down the first thing that comes to my mind.
     Let me know if any of you use this method too or if you write a different way I would love to know. Till next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment