Sunday, April 28, 2013

April Wrap Up and May To Be Read

     Hi everyone! So as April comes to a close I'm getting my books ready for May. I was able to read four books this month which I find amazing considering that school has taken up a colossal amount of my time. So here are the four books that I've read this month:
                                                    
                                                 1. Monster  by Frank Peretti
            2. The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
     3. Vision in White by Nora Roberts
  4. Poesia by Dulce Maria Loynaz

     I really liked all four books. Monster and Vision  in White were really fast reads just because the actual pace of the story went really fast. Great books that you can finish in about two days. The History of Love (which I am absolutely in love with) took a little longer to read even though it was a much shorter book just because I wanted to make sure that I read every little detail and didn't miss anything. The poetry book didn't take long either, the poems were fairly short and so was the book. I already did a review on Vision in white (click here to see that review), but if you guys want a review on any of the other books I'll be more than happy to do so. All in all I was very happy with the books I read this month.

     Now for next month's reads! I'm really excited about this one :) 

1. Dracula Rekindled by Xander Buchan: I strated reading this book on Friday (is that cheating?), but I know that I won't be able to finish it by the end of the month so I put it over to next month. It's really good so far. I'm more than likely going to do a review or discussion (will contain spoilers because I'll go much more in depth) on this book. Thoughts on this? Which would you prefer?

 2. Ishmael by Daniel Quinn: I promised a friend that I would read this and after doing a little reserach on the book I'm super pumped to get into it. It's definitely different from any book I've read.

3. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy: I'm reading this one for a reading group that I'm part of on Goodreads (Classics Without All the Class) and I've never read anything by Tolstoy, but I know that this book is raved about and so I'm excited for this one too (I'm excited for everything as you can tell).

4. Cartas a Mama Desde el Infierno (Letters to Mom From Hell) by Ingrid Betancourt: The history and     the events of the Colombian drug cartels is extremely interesting. The author of this book was actually captured by the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia and lived as a prisoner in the jungle for more than five years. It's an interesting book and it's not something that I typically read, but reading is all about expanding your scope of literature and what better way to do it than with a topic that you're not very well versed on?
    
     I want to keep reading four books every month (maybe more, but no less) and this list seems doable seeing as the last book is 63 pages long and can be read in about one or two hours. Look forward to book reviews (or discussions) soon. Till next time :)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment