Thursday, July 4, 2013

July Reading and JulNoWriMo

     July will be the first month in a while that I'll be able to read as much as I want and I'm very excited about that! My goal is to read 3 or 4 books this month (a lot of reviews!)

1. The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night-time by Mark Haddon: I started it and it seems pretty interesting thus far. The main character has an offbeat attitude and it has my attention.

2. Currawong Creek by Jennifer Scoullar: I also started this one and I it cut to the action right away. It's a bit weird for me to read a book that doesn't build up to the action, but it's a nice change of pace. I like it thus far.

3. Milltown by Jimmy Higgins: I haven't started on this one yet, but the plot seems so good.

4. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein (I hope to get to this book): This has been on my reading list for a while now and I really want to start on it. Of course I hope to read the entire ser

     I really like the selection of books I have so be on the lookout for reviews! Now one more thing: JulNoWriMo. It stands for July Novel Writing Month. The goal is to try to write 50,000 + words in the month of July. It's a fun challenge that is supposed to show you that you CAN write a novel. If you guys want to check it out you can go here: http://julnowrimo.com/index.php?page=about and find out more about it. It sounds like a lot of fun and you never know what you could end up with. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress in my Friday posts, I hope you guys join me! What books are you guys reading this month? Also, have any of you already started on JulNoWriMo? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment